First Year Virtual Academic Advising
The Mustang Success Center is offering live video chat to discuss your advising needs.
First Time Freshmen Students
Monday - Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm
To meet with an advisor virtual during open hours please follow the directions below:
Set up is easy
- Download the free Zoom app with your Cal Poly login information.
- You must have the app downloaded to your computer or phone. Using just the web browser will not allow you to meet privately with an advisor.
- A computer is easier to navigate for advising, but phone or tablet is okay too!
- Test the Zoom app with your Cal Poly login information.
- During the above times, when you’re ready click to meet with an advisor using your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- When prompted enter your Cal Poly username and password.
If needed, the meeting ID is 805-756-6211
What to expect
- You'll enter the virtual waiting room and our host will send you instructions to the chat.
- Once an advisor is available you will be assigned to a breakout room.
- When your meeting is done you can exit the zoom meeting.
Continuing and Transfer Students
The Mustang Success Center has recently transitioned to first-year advising. As a continuing student, you will now be connecting to your college advising center. Connect with your college advising center for same day and scheduled appointments here.
Incoming & perspective transfer students, we encourage you to wait until after SLO days to reach out to your college advising center. Connect with the Transfer Success Center for intermediate information.