Come Visit The Mustang Success Center!
Fall Quarter Hours
Virtual Advising: Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. & Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Starting September 30th 20-Minute Appointments: Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. & Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
email us at email@example.com
call us 805-756-6211
Check us out on Instagram @MustangSuccessCenter and YouTube
Virtual Academic Advising Drop-Ins
Connect with one of our professional or peer advisors on Zoom to discuss your academic related questions. Our drop-ins are open Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Friday 9:30 am - 4:00pm.
- Sign-in to the queue by clicking here
- Click the zoom link shared in the response page of the sign-in form
- Wait in the zoom waiting room for an advisor to become available
- Once admitted to the zoom room, our front desk supervisor will ask you some basic questions to make sure you get connected to the right person
- Be assigned to a breakout room with an advisor
Tips & Tricks for Zoom:
- Download the free Zoom app with your Cal Poly login information.
- You must have the app downloaded to your computer or phone. Using just the web browser will not allow you to meet privately with an advisor.
- Test the Zoom app with your Cal Poly login information.
- Mac user ensure that you can privacy settings are set to share screen. View more information here.
20 Minute In-Person Academic Advising Appointments
Starting September 30th
Schedule a 20 minute in-person appointment with one of our professional academic advisors. These appointments can be booked 1-2 days in advance, so if nothing is available on the calendar now, check back tomorrow when we open up additional appointments.
If you are hoping for a same-day appointment, call our office and if we are able to accommodate you, we will get you scheduled for that day.
5-10 minutes prior to your appointment check in at our front desk in 52-D37. Please make sure your campus pass is ready and your mask is worn appropriately to campus guidelines. After you check in, your advisor will meet you and take you back to their office for your appointment.
Email & Phone
You are welcome to email or call our office with questions you have! We do our best to respond to all emails and voicemails within 1 business day.
Please ensure that your email is sent from your Cal Poly email account. This allows us to verify your student status and check your academic record when appropriate. This also lessens the chance of your email getting lost.
Consider un-forwarding your Cal Poly email.
- Log in to the My Cal Poly Portal > Personal Info tab.
- In the Personal Info portlet, under My Info to the right of the Email Address field, click on the Edit link.
- Select either Deliver to Office 365
- Click the Update button.
- Send a test email to your Cal Poly email address and confirm it's delivered to your preferred email. It may take up to 30 minutes for your email address to update in all Cal Poly systems
- *If needed, when logging into your email from your portal click "turn off" forwarding
First Year Advising Center Mission
The Mustang Success Center provides an inclusive environment that supports first time freshmen students with their transition and integration into Cal Poly. The center’s staff provides accessible academic advising that guides students to clear pathways of success and timely graduation.
Through individual appointments, group advising sessions, and workshops, the advisors help students:
- Understand University policies and procedures
- Offer a full range of proactive academic services
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources
- Provide leadership in coordinating College and University programs that support student success.