Cal Poly Scholars
First year Cal Poly Scholars Requirements with the Mustang Success Center (MSC)
- Engage a minimum of 3 times with academic advising
- A Mustang Success Center Advisor will reach out to you prior/during the first week of classes to get connected for your first meeting. (1st advising interaction)
- Enrollment in Univ. 100 (can count as a 2nd advising interaction)
- Students will need to meet with an MSC advisor during winter or spring quarter (3rd advising interaction)
- Scholars may be referred to college academic advisors when appropriate
- If a scholar’s GPA falls between 2.0-2.3 during their first year, additional advising sessions are required.
Overview of all the Cal Poly Scholars Requirements and Expectations
Overview of the Goals and program model for Cal Poly Scholars
Cal Poly Scholars Website
The Cal Poly Scholars website covers more details about the Calendar of Events, workshops, Living-Learning Community, Career and Professional Growth, and more.
If you have questions about Cal Poly Scholars Scholarship package; such as if your scholarship covers summer school, study abroad, and/or any specifics, please review the Cal Poly Scholars FAQ website and then contact Alexis Melville with any questions.
MSC Can Help
- Review your block schedule and PolyPlanner
- Give time/study management tips
- Assist with transition to Cal Poly and getting connected to campus resources
- Get you connected to workshops, Cal Poly Scholars social events, and campus events
- Help map out and support your goals at Cal Poly
- Navigating the registration process
CliftonStrengths: Learner. Restorative. Empathy. consistency. Relator
CliftonStrengths: Responsibility. Empathy. Developer. Adaptability. Strategic